Python bindings for the Enchant spellchecking system
Enchant is used to check the spelling of words and suggest corrections for words that are miss-spelled. It can use many popular spellchecking packages to perform this task, including ispell, aspell and MySpell. It is quite flexible at handling multiple dictionaries and multiple languages. Python bindings for the Enchant spellchecking system
pyenchant/pyenchant repo was created 13 years ago and was last updated 2 days ago.
The project is popular with 531 github stars!
How to Install pyenchant
You can install pyenchant using pip
pip install pyenchant
or add it to a project with poetry
poetry add pyenchant
- Dimitri Merejkowsky
- GitHub Repo
- Software Development/Libraries
- Text Processing/Linguistic
A list of common pyenchant errors.
Here are some
pyenchant code examples and snippets.
The pyenchant package has 25 open issues on GitHub
- Fix Apple Silicon documentation
- Error when installing enchant using conda
- Use invoke as a task runner rather than tox
- Switch to sphinxcontrib.spelling for dogfooding
- pyenchant does not work on PyDroid
- Improve type annotations by using mypy to check them
- Add python type annotations