A Python package for interactive mapping using Google Earth Engine and ipyleaflet
Geemap is a Python package designed for interactive mapping with Google Earth Engine (GEE). It provides an intuitive interface for manipulating, analyzing, and visualizing geospatial big data in a Jupyter-based environment. Geemap supports various Python libraries and offers advanced features like data conversion, interactive plotting, and image classification. It also allows developers to export Earth Engine maps as HTML files and PNG images, making it a comprehensive solution for geospatial data handling.
gee-community/geemap repo was created 3 years ago and the last code push was 5 days ago.
The project is very popular with an impressive 2831 github stars!
How to Install geemap
You can install geemap using pip
pip install geemap
or add it to a project with poetry
poetry add geemap
- Qiusheng Wu
- MIT license
- GitHub Repo:
A list of common geemap errors.
Here are some
geemap code examples and snippets.
The geemap package has 11 open issues on GitHub
- Add stretch options for visualizing images
- Refactor basemaps.py and add tests
- feat: adding support typehinting function on geemap
- adding support type hinting for geemap
- [Charts] Change the charting backend from bqplot to plotly
- [Charts] Add a chart module for creating interactive charts